Thursday, May 15, 2008

Red Eye

In a dream, there was no time; only space.
Movement across time was like vaulting from star to star in a vast field of galaxies all swirling against each other at the speed of infinity.

In the center of the universe is light. Is the word. Is God.
And from this center, all reality emanates in concentric circles.
Out at the edge of space, where it is darkest is where chaos is born.

And there I was...amidst the maze of stars, searching for events in my life as though they were scattered jigsaw puzzle pieces that composed my entire life.

Even in waking, I was unable to believe where I was.

In reality, I am constrained by time.
Time wraps around me and suffocates me while I wander listlessly through space.
Time projects me forward and backwards inside of my prison.
Outside, it is warm and sunny and logical.
People are living and dying and breathing in between.

I can barely swallow.

No comments: